Friday 16 January 2009

Match Cut Exercise

This lesson we were required to watch a video of a man copying files from a computer to discs, whilst chain smoking.

The purpose of this exercise was to identify and learn the match cut technique.


Then my colleagues and I were given the task to film a conversation where we would make use of the match cut technique and put into practice the 180-degree rule.

My group and I decided that we would film a conversation between two boys speaking about a package. The location for this conversation was in an office in the colleges Media department.

It was necessary for me to do the majority of the filming, as the rest of my team were the actors. I ensured that we filmed the conversation from more than one angle, so that we would have an ample amount of footage at our disposal for at least one match cut shot.

No comments: