Monday 16 February 2009

Post Production Phase 2

Unfortunately due to the earlier delay to editing, the group and me were forcedto work out of term time to edit our footage. This however was not a problem for me as I have been dedicated from the start of the project to make my thriller a success at all lengths.

This day was the most productive day since the commence of this project, although I did arrive late this had minimum impact as I still found myself doing most of the editing as my group members had not achieved much before my arrival.Whilst editing the flashback scene I suggested to my group that we should film the lift numbers, so that we could cut them in between the interviewee waiting for the lift.

My reason for suggesting this idea was that I thought it would add more of a variation to the clips that we already have and I thought that it would add more tension to the scene.Once we agreed, we decided that Ali and Chris should film this additional footage whilst I continued editing.

During the time, which Ali and Chris went to do the additional filming, I converted the flashback clips into black and white film. By doing so I think, I created an even clearer distinction between the flashback and the interview setting. I also believe that I made it able for the viewer to discriminate that the flashback is occurring during the interviewee’s school days.It was also my idea to integrate the interview scene between some of the flashback clips, as I wanted the flashback to appear as if, it is happening in the thoughts of the interviewee, whilst recognising that the interviewer is the ex–bully.

We later decided to have our credits in the film as a pose to at the end, as our thriller is the beginning of a film. In addition to this, our credits correspond with who did what in the production process.

So far, I have found completing the credits, the most difficult part of the postproduction, when using him image and wireframe functions. Although the demonstration I was given, my one of the technicians proved most useful.

No comments: